Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winterize Your Hair Extensions

Hello Everyone!!

Welcome to my very first blog!! I am sooooo excited about this opportunity to share with you my knowledge and experiences with hair and hair extensions. I have been doing hair for most of my adult life and I have experienced a lot of things throughout the years. I want to share with you, hopefully, on a weekly basis, we will have to see how that goes, information about hair, caring for your hair and maintaining the health of it. As I stated, I am an experienced hair professional however we are all learning and growing each day that the Master allows us to so if you have any suggestions, comments or some experiences of your own that would be helpful, I welcome all feedback!! Since this is my first post and we are in January, I thought I would start off with caring for your hair extensions during the winter months.

WINTERIZING YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS (OR HAIR)

As you may have read, we are a premium line of 100% Virgin Human Hair Extensions. By utilizing virgin hair, we are a all natural product. What that means is our hair is very organic. We do not alter the hair with chemical processes like most of the hair found in local beauty supply stores. I mentioned this briefly because it is similar to my sisters wearing natural hair free from chemical products such as relaxers. So keeping this in mind, it is very important to keep hydration in your hair especially during the winter months.  To accomplish this you must start with good products. We recommend products that are free from harsh chemicals. During the winter months, you should at least be shampooing and conditioning your hair every two weeks. For some people that really lack the hydration needed, you can do so as often as every week. Also, you must accompany this with 8 to 12 glasses of water daily. Keeping yourself hydrated internally also keeps you hydrated externally. Below is a weekly routine you can use to keep your locks hydrated and full of luster and shine.

Weekly or Bi-Weekly Regime

Shampoo your hair extensions with a shampoo free from chemicals or sulfates. We recommend Hair Rules Daily Cleansing Shampoo. Condition your extensions with a hydrating shampoo. Leave conditioner on the hair in a plastic cap for 20 mins with or without heat. Rinse conditioner out Thoroughly!! Leaving conditioner in the hair leaves a residue on the hair and a itchy scalp. This can interfere with proper styling. Once the hair has been properly shampooed and conditioned, apply a moisturizing cream ( again we recommend Hair Rules hydrating finishing cream) to soften the hair and leave a lasting shine. Style as usual.
SN:  I recommend using a moisturizing cream a few times a week for ongoing hydration.

Hope this information helps. For additional information on caring for your hair extensions visit us at http://www.exotichaircollection.com/ or post your comments below.

Thank you for your time!!

Best,

Kashenia Browne
Exotic Hair Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment